About the Campaign
- The campaign is aimed at supporting the ENGAGE Sport Coaching Program where local youth with a passion for sports are turned into champions of social inclusion and disability rights learning and working together with peers living with disabilities through sports playing. Twenty youth aged between 17 to 24 years, undertake, after the selection process, an intensive 70 hours capacity building program focused on equipping them with the right skills and tools to serve. Through this phase, our ENGAGE Sport Coaches, ESCs learn on the one hand, about personal development and leadership, including positive values, personal accountability and on the other hand, they receive technical related trainings based to their chosen sport. As per now the program focuses on wheelchair basketball, blind cricket and deaf football and it benefits over 150 youths, divided in more than a dozen teams, all living with disabilities thanks to our amazing ESCs. Very importantly, each team also receives equipment support as per their needs and our capacity. With at least one weekly training session over 11 months, our ESCs build a strong relationship with their peers and players, learning and being inspired by them while also giving their best as sport coaches, helping enhancing the level of playing and becoming their greatest “supporters” and “champions” of their players.
Where will the funds go?
- To pay for equipment materials to be distribute to the partner teams (balls, first aid box, cones and others as per need)
- To pay for equipment support for our ENGAGE Sport Coaches
- To recruit more ENGAGE Sport Coaches
- To provide more trainings and capacity building to the ENGAGE Sport Coaches
In short future, we are hoping to be able to run the program in a bigger and better way with more coaches, more sessions and more beneficiaries.